Sunday, September 14, 2014

Reflection #1

Class was fun and really helped me get a better understanding of how an English class in college works, though I still have a lot more in store and to learn. I realized in class that there is a lot more to understanding the texts that we will be reading than just getting the gist and knowing whats happening. I know i'm going to need to start looking at the texts deeper and gaining a better understanding of whats going on and managing to dissect the text. I also know that for the next class i'm going to need to work on getting the text book. First I need the bookstore to actually acquire more copies and then I need to scrape the money together to manage to buy the book set. Other than spending more money (Ugh) I am looking forward to the next class so that I can begin to learn or even expand on more knowledge of English and the language of writing!

1 comment:

  1. Yuuuppppp. I would concur that there is always a little more to each text that we could extract and discuss. I read through the readings but also didn't quite understand each thing I read. It's going to be important that we do dissect the text better and talk everything out. That is how we understand and progress through each layer of text, which may or may not contain significant material. We got a taste of the college english class...I want the whole enchilada lol.

    ReplyDelete